Many Inventors trying to get their product ideas promote are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I gives a involving some of your reasons you could have gotten denied. It does not cover every reason you have access to rejected, but hopefully wanted something to think about.
You wish to realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers competition! Yes, you still need to have a good idea but you’ll find that regardless how to patent an idea or product good an insurance policy you may think it is that you could still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all period. Even if it does not make sense to you that would certainly reject an image that they agree would be profitable. Here are some common reasons why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. The business may have also a full line of providers not wanting to add much more.
2. Urge for food is outside their target market.
3. You sent your submission towards wrong an affiliate the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it on the right one.
4. You sent viewed as unsolicited without contacting the company first to check their submission policy, in addition they rejected it solely on that agreement.
5. You did not have proper contact information on your submission. (That is one of the most effective mistakes Inventors make. The company will not bother to monitor you down.)
6. Possess too many similar providers that companies are flooded a sufficient quantity of.
7. Your idea appeals to a very little niche market and besides mass market items.
8. Price of to manufacture versus the return on investment is too high.
9. Income sheet didnrrrt WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with significantly information to sort indicates of.
10. Your product has have been patented by someone else and they don’t want to ascertain if they goes around it or risk infringement elements.
11. Your product or idea isn’t much better what is on the. This tells them you did not research your idea well and how to patent a product idea do not need a clue who competitors is looking.
12. You sent a specific thing that is just like their current product and that current technique are a marginal seller. So yours won’t fare any benefit.
13. Your idea is outdated or perhaps is on the downswing compared to what isn’t too far off out a year later.
14. They already have a better solution than yours their works for release that coming annualy. (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea regardless of whether the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior to your Inventor contacting the company about their idea. Goes on a lot. Inventors forget that they aren’t the sole ones creating.)
15. They have received the identical idea from another Inventor and are in negotiations with this Inventor.
16. You need to posted your idea unprotected online in one of those invention posting sites where others vote on goods to find out there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the company concerned whether any patent protection properly allowed and inventhelp turns it down in keeping with that situation.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the working prototype online and possess a significant involving hits. It can raises the concern whether any patent would be possible due to your public disclosure.
18. You stated need an issued patent, however they do a quick explore your patent they discover that it has lapsed resulting from non-payment of fees and features been lapsed significantly over the due encounter. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. There are any patent, and it was poorly written and does not cover the particular product. (This happens a lot)
20. It is easy to design patent and designing around your patent is a simple task, so that they should be expecting very little protection avaiable for purchase.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t from outside ideas and does not publicize everyone. So you get a rejection letter, but it doesn’t explain they cannot look away from company.
22. You sent them your product but they have already decided to the line for the year or that the following year and aren’t open to taking on anything else at that time.
23. The right amount . consider items with a sales history they can review and then your item by no means been being produced or sold stores or online. So do not require to go ahead and take risk to become the first company selling it.
As I stated above these are only a few for this reasons you can have your idea/product rejected by a company. Really take period to plumbing service and understand your market, your commit that market and study part to make yourself as marketable as possible.